Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miniature Landscapes of Awesome

I have become strangely fixated on terrariums. They combine my love of weird glass jars, green things, and being too lazy to care for anything living into one perfect package. And they're pretty and look all Mad Scientisty, too! I am also suddenly immensely depressed that my house has no suitable windows for the planting of terrariums. Damn you, windows and your... Bothersome lack of ledges or nearby flat surfaces! The universe foils my enthusiasm once again with its inconvenience.



On a related note, my hair remains annoyingly uncut. At the top of my mental To Do list for the day was "For The Love Of God, Get Someone To Remove Some Of This Damn Hair From My Head." I got up at a reasonable hour (for me on my day off, at least), I got dressed, I had a mild panic attack at the thought of letting the people at the salon see how bad I've let my hair get since the last time they saw me, told myself that I was being ridiculous because it's their job to see people with bad hair and make it better, did my make-up, and headed to the salon... Only to find that they were closed. On a Wednesday. What the hell? So I have to work my twelve hour day tomorrow with my big bad hair of shame. Curse you, universe. You win again.

No comments: